The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
- Experts forecast US
- S. Korean family fleeing Gaza departs for Seoul via Egypt
- 尹대통령 “군장병 확고한 국가관·대적관 안보대세 가져야”
- Central Asia, S. Korea pledge to strengthen youth cooperation
- Exhibition opens to deepen ‘Olympic experience’
- Seoul shares open higher on stock short selling ban
- SK On to supply EV batteries to Polestar from 2025
- CJ debuts K